- Our Clean Technology Portfolio
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Welding & Cutting
- Freezing & Cooling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Molding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Process Chemistry
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Heat pumps are increasingly being used in residential, commercial and industrial applications. They offer an environmentally friendly source of heat, commonly taken from either air or ground sources, that can be used for heating and water systems.
Most heat pumps need a heat transfer medium, in the same way as used in refrigeration and air conditioning systems, however with different operating parameters (such as temperature). Many of the same gases that are used in refrigeration applications are also suitable for heat pumps.
Linde offers a wide range of gases that are suitable for use with heat pumps including: R134a, R227ea, R236fa, R245fa, R407C, R410A and R744.