- Our Clean Technology Portfolio
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Welding & Cutting
- Freezing & Cooling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Molding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Process Chemistry
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
With CRYOPULSIONTM, a Genialis process, Linde makes a perfect tool of differentiation and innovation available to you. Indeed, CRYOPULSION allows to make Individual Quick Frozen (IQF) droplets from any product, having particular intrinsic properties. Thanks to this technology, products are transformed without food additives, and without additions of fats or sugars.
This is how the CRYOPULSION process works: First, depending on the product, you might need to mix it in order to get a liquid or viscous product (e.g. for a mango). Then some nitrogen gas is dissolved in the product, under pressure. Finally, liquid nitrogen is used to deep-freeze droplets by freezing dissolved nitrogen within the latter. So the cryogenic deep-freezing, very fast, allows to keep all the organoleptic and physico-chemical properties of products.
When droplets are kept or used under their deep-frozen shape, the dissolved nitrogen confers the following properties on the product:
- Droplets absolutely don’t stick between it, thanks to their particular density, so they remain 100% IQF.
- The shelf life of the products is extended: Oxygen, which tends to oxidize products even frozen, is replaced by some inert nitrogen here.
- A particular sensation by crunching droplets: Their texture being very airy, we feel no cold effect when we crunch these droplets with height teeth. It has a very fresh effect!
Otherwise, these droplets could be also warmed to tap another property. Indeed, if droplets are heated in microwave or in a saucepan, the dissolved nitrogen releases itself, allowing to bring to the product smoothness, stability, profusion and structure. And this always with quality.
This innovative process was recognized by the experts of the profession, because it received the Trophy of the Innovation of the CFIA, Rennes, in 2017 and the Grand Prize of the Academy of Technologies in France, as well as the Prize of the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research in 2007.
Cappuccino realized in microwaves from droplets of coffee and milk, foaming or cold hot chocolate, granitas to be consumed frosted, smooth and low-fat ice creams, or still incorporation of droplets in others produced, there are many examples of use of CRYOPULSION droplets at the service of your innovation.