- Our Clean Technology Portfolio
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Controlled Atmosphere Stunning (CAS)
- Enhancing Greenhouse Growth
- Liquid Nitrogen Dosing
- Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP)
- Oxygenation in Aquaculture
- Welding & Cutting
- Freezing & Cooling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Molding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Process Chemistry
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
Leaks can cause major problems for continuous production lines in a protective atmosphere. They can cause poor sealing, as well as physical product damage. However, the food manufacturing and processing industry and packaging companies cannot afford any stagnation, customer complaints or product recalls. Many manufacturers test for leaks by means of random checks. This means that when a leak is found, an entire batch must be repacked or destroyed.
Linde has developed an innovative, patented solution to solve the problem of leak detection: MAPAX LD. This procedure offers the fastest, individual, integrated leak detection in the market today.
How does it work?
MAPAX LD works by adding food grade hydrogen to the protective atmosphere gas mixture during the sealing phase in the packaging process. Up to 4% hydrogen can be added safely. Hydrogen does not affect foodstuffs in any way.
The hydrogen sensor issues a visual alarm when it detects hydrogen, following which the leaking packages are taken out of the production line. In addition, MAPAX LD enables your employees to recognise incorrect settings in a machine, e.g. when multiple leaks are detected in a row.
- Innovative, patented technology
- 100% monitoring of packaging with up to 120 analyses per minute
- Automated alternative for random visual checks, or when checking by means of a water tray
- Improved productivity thanks to early detection of incorrect settings in packaging machines
- Minimal maintenance costs thanks to the absence of vacuum pumps
- Suitable for a wide range of foodstuffs (from meat and fish to salads) and even non-food items
- Less stagnation and increased customer-satisfaction
- Improved environmental performances thanks to a reduction in waste and wastage.