- Our Clean Technology Portfolio
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Welding & Cutting
- Freezing & Cooling
- Inerting, Purging & Blanketing
- Leisure & Hospitality
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Pharma & Biotechnology
- Molding, Foaming, Forming & Extrusion
- Process Chemistry
- Water and Wastewater Treatment
High pressure hoses normally consist of two layers of rubber with an intermediate wire fabric.
The production starts with the extrusion of the core hose. The next step is the wrapping with a wire mesh in a spinning unit. As the winding-on of the fabric has to be done with some tension it is necessary to stabilise the core hose. Otherwise deformation will occur. The standard procedure uses a supporting cotton fabric. This requires a second spinning unit.
The easier way is to use our hose cooling units. Before entering the spinning unit the hose passes through a hose cooling unit. The cooling chamber has a length of approximately 2m. On the inside liquid nitrogen (LIN) with a temperature of -196°C is sprayed on the hose. During the passing the hose gets colder and gains stiffness enough for the subsequent winding-up of the wire mesh.
You will benefit from:
No usage of Hydocarbons
Flexible cooling power
Our standard hose cooling units allow a maximum hose diameter of 50mm. Other sizes are available on request.